This Online Privacy Statement applies to this website, which is published by Washington Marijuana Review (WMR) education, research, patient care or service area. The WMR is committed to respecting individuals’ privacy. By choosing to continue to use this WMR website, you agree to the WMR’s collection and use of personal information and non-personal information as described in this Online Privacy Statement. This Online Privacy Statement only governs the use and disclosure of information collected through this website.
Collection of Information
The WMR automatically collects the following information:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and name of the Internet domain you used to access the Internet;
- The URL of the website from which you linked directly to the WMR website;
- The date and time you accessed the WMR website;
- The pages you visited, including the information requested through your browser, the response from your browser, the size of the page you received in response to the request, and the marketing email or web page that referred you to the page you visited; and
- The web browser and operating system you used to access the WMR website.
Additionally, the WMR may request that you provide certain personal information such as name, username, email address, mailing address, telephone numbers, or social network account information. The WMR may aggregate information collected from your visit to this website with other information at the WMR .
Use of Information
The WMR will only use your personal data on a lawful basis to fulfill a legitimate interest of the WMR. The WMR may use information collected from your visit to this website to:
- Manage and improve the user experience and preferences associated with this website and WMR communications;
- Track how often people gain access to or read the WMR content;
- Foster further communications and manage your subscription(s) to WMR publications;
- Invite and/or register you (upon request) to events that may be of interest to you;
- Optimize and personalize your online interactions with the WMR ;
- Fulfill your online requests for goods or services;
- Conduct online research, education, training, or surveys;
- Identify anomalies in web traffic in order to help protect personal and WMR institutional information; and
- Exercise the WMR’s legal rights, defend against legal claims, or respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes.
The collection and use of personal information for any other purpose than described herein requires supplemental and more specific notification or consent.
Disclosure or Sharing of Information
The WMR may use third party service providers and suppliers to facilitate this website or the services the WMR provides. Those providers and suppliers may have access to the information the WMR collects in order to fulfill their obligations to the WMR.
The WMR may use various technologies such as cookies, applets, scripts, server logs, custom URL parameters, tracking images, information and correspondence, or web analytics to collect information. Depending on your browser you may be able to disable certain collection methods. This may limit your ability to use some features of this website.
Children or Minors
The WMR does not knowingly collect personal information from children or minors as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) on its general websites. The collection and use of personal information from children or minors for other purposes is subject to supplemental and more specific notification or consent terms.
The WMR retains your data for at least the minimum of 1 year.
Additional Rights You May Have Regarding Your Data
Applicable laws may give you additional rights to request access to, or to request the erasure, correction or transfer of, your data. For example, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) provides certain rights to persons who were/are residing in the European Union when data were/are collected. If the EU GDPR applies to your data then you may ask to see your data or request, to the extent allowed by law, to have your data corrected or erased. You may also object to or request restrictions on how your data will be processed. You may ask that your data be forwarded or transferred to another organization. Finally, to the extent allowed by law, you may withdraw consent you have given to certain data processing, without penalty. If you do decide to withdraw consent at a later date, your withdrawal will not affect the legality of the processing of your data up to that point.
If you have questions about the collection or use of information you should contact the UW organizational area to which you provided your information. The individual responsible for decisions about the online collection, use and protection of personal data that is described herein and is subject to EU GDPR is identified as the EU GDPR Controller on the organizational website.
If your privacy related questions or concerns are not addressed after contacting the UW organizational area to which you provided data, then you may also contact us
Changes to this Online Privacy Statement
The WMR may periodically update this Online Privacy Statement. The revised statement will be posted at washingtonmarijuanareview.com/privacy
Updated 27 August, 2019